Everybody remembers our most beloved Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits! Our subscribers went nuts over one of our first - and only - savory items in our March's Keto Goodies Box! You asked for the recipe for months now, and we're finally sharing it with you!
They're so easy to make, freeze really well (so you can make a bunch and store them) and taste delicious warm with some cream cheese or a slab of butter! The batter for these bad boys only take a couple of minutes to whip and only 12 min to bake! And if you're super hungry you can totally munch on one of our cookies while you wait.
- 10 biscuits
- 3 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese (can be substituted for any cheese - experiment! Tell us which you like the most)
- 4 oz sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 oz butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup diced jalapeño peppers (we used pickled, but fresh peppers work as well)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix almond flour, garlic powder, salt and baking soda and set aside
- With a hand mixer or blender, mix sour cream, butter and eggs until smooth
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, being careful not to leave lumps
- Fold in the jalapeños and the cheddar (you can save some to put on top!)
- WIth a cookie/ice cream scoop, scoop balls of the batter on a tray lined with parchment paper about 1" apart.
- Bake for 10-12 min, or until you stick a toothpick inside them and the batter doesn't stick to it.
- Let the biscuits cool. (or if you're too impatient, you can try them on! Careful not to burn your tongue)
- Store them in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze them for up to 2 months! (That is, if you can stop yourself from eating them as soon as they're out!!)
- After frozen, just let them unthaw and pop them in the microwave or toaster oven for 1 min or until warm again!